Spring is in the air, blooms are bursting from the ground and our entertaining style is getting lighter and more relaxed with each ray of sunshine that sneaks indoors. Natural, simple and casual entertaining replace the formal, over complicated style that comes with winter parties. Embark on a season of fresh and flirty parties by taking inspiration from the outdoors, the charm of those first sunny evenings and the delights that await from a menu filled with new seasonal tastes. Embrace spring entertaining with my top 10 essentials for spring entertaining to create a “happy hour” that lasts for 3 months.
Top 10 Essentials for Spring Entertaining
- Go Retro with chalk: Add a dash of playful fun to every spring party by incorporating chalk boards, toppers and signs to your next party. Say hello to stylish Eco-entertaining by re-purposing unloved child chalk boards into welcome signs, or use mini chalk board signs to create stylish menu tags for your party buffet.
- Crisp clean white dishes: Nothing says clean like fresh like crisp white dishes. The beauty with white dishes is that they all match, so mix a variety of sizes, shapes, textures and styles to create an eclectic blend of dishes that will go with the soft tones abundant this spring.
- Clear glass: Sparkling and simple, clear glass works with any color palate and adds a touch of classic modern style to any table setting. Serving your spring cocktails and punches in clear pitchers allows the contents to shine through and become a feature on the table rather than the pitcher itself.
- Heirloom accents: Give your family silver service a stage this spring by adding it to your table top, allowing it work as both a fabulous featured accent and a talking point. The fun with spring entertaining is that eclectic is always welcome, so mix and match your pieces and mix your table with heirloom and modern favorites.
- Go natural: Whether you are bringing the outdoors in, or enjoying the great outdoors, let nature be your guide by accenting with floral table runners, napkins, and tabletop accessories.
- Flower power: When shopping for spring blooms, remember to keep your dinner table blooms free from fragrance and your outdoor blooms bursting with scent. With your blooms in hand, use traditional vases, tea cups, mason jars, Champagne flutes, or even ornamental bowls to display your spring bouquets.
- Light the way: Candles, twinkly lights, hanging luminaries and floating pool candles are a great way to keep your party lit without the added drama of overhead lighting.
- Weather watch: Not every spring night is clear and bright. Hire canopies, party tents or ensure that you have an indoor option to keep the party going should Mother Nature crash your party.
- Cocktails with spring infusions: Stock your bar with light whimsical cocktails supplies, and offer your guests a taste of spring by stocking your bar with fruit infused Vodka, Floral Gins (my favorite is Nolet’s) and Pimms. Adding fresh muddled fruit, herb sprigs, citrus and edible flowers to your bar will create an instant spring cocktail with little effort or bar keeping skills.
- Heat up the night: Keep warm on those spring nights by lighting a fire that guests can circle around for warmth and engaging conversation. Or go modern with heating lamps dotted around your outdoor entertaining space.
Spring Party Stock list | Costplus World Market
Eco-Friendly Party Decor | Coryanne for celebrations.com
Nolet’s Silver Screen Cocktail | Housewifebliss.com
Product supplied by Cost Plus World Market