Mocha Custard Cappuccino Float
November, 2016 · By Coryanne Ettiene
Disclaimer: This recipe post for Mocha Custard Cappuccino Float is a sponsored post for the Hills Bros. Cappuccino #CappTheNight campaign. Although I have been compensated, all opinions and recipes are my own.
The beauty with award season is that it comes with a wide enough buffer after the holidays and after a few weeks of refusing to eat anything with sugar that when it arrives, we are all ready for a little indulgence. And this Mocha Custard Cappuccino Float is exactly that, an indulgence of my favorite things: fresh whipped cream, frozen mocha custard and delicious coffee.
Even if your award season viewing parties are a simple affair with wine and popcorn, there is always room for a fabulous cappuccino at the end of the night, and this is the dessert version that elevates your simple night at home into an evening of decadence.
There are so many ways to serve this Mocha Custard Cappuccino Float, and frankly any cup will do, but I took inspiration from the red carpet and polished off my collection of vintage Cranberry Glasses and silver spoons to add that extra flash of delight to this end of the night indulgence.
The float is inspired by my love of a great cappuccino, rich chocolate and fresh whipped cream. And takes a little planning and very little effort. The night before, make the frozen Mocha Custard and allow it to set in the freezer overnight. Just before you are ready to serve, brew your Hills Bros.® Cappuccino and whip up your whipped cream while it is brewing. Then, simply add a scoop of frozen custard and whipped cream to your freshly brewed cappuccino and sprinkle with Hills Bros. Cappuccino Mocha blend before serving.
Mocha Custard Cappuccino Float
Ingredients for the frozen Mocha Custard Cappuccino
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup of white granulated sugar
- 5 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions for the frozen Mocha Custard Cappuccino
- In a large saucepan, slowly warm the cream on medium, ensuring that it does not boil. While the cream warms, and in a large mixing bowl, use a handmixer to beat the eggs and granulated sugar together until thick and golden, about 4 minutes. Then slowly pour a third of the warm cream into egg batter, mixing well in between adding another third of the cream, until the two a fully combined and then finishing off the blend by adding the remaining third of the cream.
- Once combined, add the custard mixture back into the saucepan and on medium low heat stir slowly to warm the ingredients together for a further 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and then stir in chocolate until it has fully melted into the cream and egg batter. Pour into a large bowl and allow it to steep at room temperature for 1 hour before stirring it well and then pouring into freezer safe containers for setting.
Ingredients & Directions for the Mocha Whipped Cream
- 1 Hills Bros. Cappuccino cup
- 1 pint of cold heavy whipping cream
Add the whipping cream to a stand mixer and set it to medium speed, after 2 minutes, add the contents of one Hills Bros. Cappuccino cup and increase the speed to medium high. Whip until soft peaks appear.
Deliciously free of artificial sweeteners, gluten and trans-fat, indulge in the smooth, creamy taste of Hills Bros.® Cappuccino any time. Available in 12 count and 16 count packages at Kroger, there is more to these cups than just a great Cappuccino. Check store availability by clicking here http://www.hillsbroscappuccino.com/store-locator//store-locator and be sure to get your coupon here
Don’t forget to sign up for the #CappTheNight sweepstakes for a chance to win one of six awards season prize packs that include fabulous goodies from popcorn makers to special selections of award-winning films, and of course, the grand prize of a $2,500shopping spree. Find out more here
#CappTheNight Awards Season Sweepstakes