Special Contributor: Cooking with Caitlin
Throughout the year, shrimp is a wonderful addition to any entertaining spread. In the summer, however, marinated in mango juice and superfresh cilantro, shrimp hot off the grill becomes a full-fledged foodie experience. Every little piece is like a gift from you to your guests. We served this Mango Shrimp at our monthly event, Third Thursday. With only a grill and a few tiki lights, we served 80 people a 9-course bite-sized meal. This recipe was one of the favorites!
3 tips for fabulous shrimp.
- When you buy shrimp, they are usually labeled “15-16″ or “25-30″. These numbers correspond with the number of shrimp per pound. The smaller the number, the bigger the shrimp.
- Skewering the shrimp makes it easier on you to flip it on the grill. Because the individual pieces are so tiny, you don’t need a lot of cooking time and the skewer helps make sure you may flip several at a time quickly. Just make sure you soak your skewers in water first so they don’t catch on fire!
- For stellar presentation, serve this (like we did in the picture) as garnish to a shot of pineapple soda. Or, set some aside on Saturday night to make Monday’s lunch extra special by tossing them into a cold orzo salad, or fresh fruit salad.
Chef Caitlin’s Grilled mango shrimp for 12
- 2 Pounds Fresh Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Cups Mango Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/2 Bunch Fresh Cilantro
Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes, Cook Time: 4 Minutes
- Prepare your ingredients. Make sure your shrimp are clean. Roughly chop the cilantro.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the mango juice, sriracha and cilantro. Add the shrimp to the bowl and let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Once the shrimp have marinated, skewer them, and fire up the grill to medium-high heat.
- When the grill is ready, place the shrimp skewers on the grill, and cook for 1-2 minutes per side.
- After they are finished cooking, remove from the grill, remove from skewers and serve while they are still hot.
To learn more about Chef Caitlin’s Mango Shrimp, click here or browse all of the Cooking with Caitlin recipes on cookingwithcaitlin.com and Kroger. Connect with the team on their weekly @cookingwcaitlin Twitter Chat #FNIchat, feast on thier pins, chat with them on Facebook and find out what’s cooking on their weekly radio show What’s Hot.