Autumn flowers are a great way to bring the outdoors in and keep the spirit of summer alive inside your home. Our expert florist, Megan, is here with 8 tips for keeping your fall flowers vibrant and fresher longer. I had the pleasure of meeting the H. BLOOM team this weekend at the WifeStyle Conference and they are offering a fabulous discount of 30% using the promo code WIFESTYLE. Visit H.BLOOM today to redeem your discount on any subscriptions first delivery.
- Keep your blooms cool. Most flowers don’t like extreme heat. Keeping them away from the heater or radiator during cold months will ensure they don’t start to wilt too early.
- Cut the stems, change the water! The two most important things you can do to extend the life of your flowers: Rinsing and refilling the vase ensures your stems will have clean water to drink, and cutting the stems keeps bacteria from accumulating on the stem, so there’s a clean path to hydrate the beautiful bloom up to.
- Think in threes. If you’re mixing multiple varietals in one arrangement, make sure you have at least three of each stem – your arrangement will look purposeful and well-balanced.
- Mix textures. Add artistry to a bundle of simple blooms by pairing different textures, like branches of waxflower with elegant roses, or lisianthus with modern-looking mums.
- Seek out greenery. Look to greenery like salal, pitt, and aspidistra to add an organic look to your arrangements, and can easily add a bit of volume on a budget.
- Set a color scheme. We often to choose one to two key colors and build a set of varietals around those, choosing several flowers in the same color family. A set color scheme tends to make arrangements feel pulled together and contemporary.
- Think about creative additions. At H.BLOOM, we’ll add all kinds of interesting components to special arrangements: Cabbage, chilies, artichokes, small holiday ornaments, and other lovely little surprises – they’re an unexpected way to add a bit of fun to an arrangement.
- Ask an expert! As professional flower sommeliers, we know about blooms you’ve likely never seen or smelled. If you’re searching for a perfect match to your tablecloth or a beautiful accent for your modern décor, don’t be afraid to ask! We’re always happy to chat, or put together something spectacular just for you.
September is | Housewife Bliss
Define your floral style | H.BLOOM for Housewife Bliss
Floral Design Tips | H.Bloom for Housewife Bliss