Welcome to Margaritaville! Tequila was never a favourite of mine, the aroma was always too heavy, and the taste was always to strong, even standing next to a Margarita would turn my stomach, and conjure up images of college parties where bottles were passed and worms were dangled over head. For me, Tequila was not something I wanted to be acquainted with, nor cared to serve at any of my parties. While, I will admit to dabbling in the occasional sip from time to time, Tequila rarely met my lips or that of my guests until I learned a few things about this Mexican jewel. Now I am smitten, it is amazing what a finely distilled Tequila can do to a Margarita.
Knowledge is everything when you put on your party hat, and even more so when that hat is a sombrero. Before you stock your bar for Cinco de Mayo, choose your Margarita ingredients well. A quality Tequila will linger on your tongue for 20-30 seconds, be void of a heavy oak or peppery taste, with a clean aroma free from any vinegar or musty scents, and always made from 100% Blue Agave.
5 Maraca Shaking Margaritas
- Lime Sorbet Margarita. Ideal for simple summer entertaining, this frozen cocktail is more like a sweet delight than a party drink. Made using lime sherbet, this Margarita only takes a few ingredients, read my recipe on celebrations.com.
- Margarita Jello Jigglers. Zesty, sweet and oh so fun, these bite size cocktails are made in advance, making party planning a breeze. Read my recipe on celebrations.com.
- Watermelon Margarita. I adore watermelon with fresh lime juice, it is one of those summer treats that permanently resides in my fridge during July and August. This sweet Margarita takes my love of these 2 ingredients and turns them into a favourite summer tipple of mine. Read my recipe on Celebrations.com.
- The Perfect Margarita. Served chilled on the rocks with plenty of salt, this is the classic version, with my own little twist. Read my recipe on Celebrations.com.
- Pineapple Mint Margarita Punch. I typically serve this punch with Gin, however….. I recently replaced my Gin with Tequila and Ole! It is a crowd pleaser. Read my recipe on Celebrations.com.
Cinco de Mayo Party Menu | Coryanne for Celebrations.com
Overcoming Dinner Party Disasters | housewifebliss.com
Boozy Popsicle Recipes | housewifebliss.com