3 Dips Every Game Day Needs for a Winning Spread
January, 2014 · By Coryanne Ettiene
It seems almost unfair that we make all these promises to eat healthy for 2014 and then, just as soon as the words are out of our mouth, we start planning a fabulous game day party. I always find myself torn between staying true to my resolutions, and feasting on guilty pleasures while I watch the Super Bowl commercials, which is why this year I am creating a menu focused on a happy medium between the two….don’t get me wrong, you know I love my salads, but there is something about chowing down on a french fry covered in any number of fabulous dips that makes me weak in the knees.
Here are a few of my go to dippers that will allow you to nosh away on those game day fries with a clear conscious……and if you catch anyone double dipping, make sure they do the dishes before they leave.
Spicy Peanut Dip Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and whisk until creamy and fully blended.
- 2 Cups of creamy natural peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons of Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- Zest of 1 Naval Orange
- 1 Birdseye Chile finely diced (Also called Thai or Peri Peri Chile)
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon of Sesame Seeds
North African Herb Dip Add the chickpeas, olive oil and Tahini to a blender and blitz until chopped. Add the juice of the lemon, spices and Tahini, and then blitz until smooth. Remove from the blender and place into a serving bowl, garnish with whole chickpeas, paprika and olive oil before serving.
- 1 Can of chickpeas strained and rinsed
- 1/4 Cup of fresh coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon of ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of ground Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon of ground Turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon of ground Coriander
- The juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Tahini